How to Create an Exercise Routine You Love Podcast
The secret to exercising without thinking is to create habits. Once you're in a habit, you do it automatically. But creating the habit can be a bit of a challenge. Here are some tips to help you create an exercise habit that you'll love.
A few short notes on creating an exercise routine you love
- Habit is the key to “not thinking”.
- Why? To feel good, not to lose weight. (If you want to lose weight, make changes to how you eat.)
- Exercise benefits bones, muscles, flexibility, heart and lungs. And mind!
Questions to ask yourself when thinking about your routine
- How to make it more fun/ doable
- Exact times (within your routine. E.g. "After finishing washing up the dinner plates, I'll walk around the block.)
- How realistic are your goals?
- What obstacles are you going to face?
- What will you feel after your exercise?
- What will you feel like if you "fail"? (Remember not to be judgemental.)
Last thoughts on your exercise routine.
You’re doing it for you!
On line Exercise Recommendations
Thank you to the Fit and Fabulous FB group for these recommendations!
- PE with Joe Wicks (on Youtube). Great for families.
- Sydney Cummings (Youtube)
- Zumba Strong (Youtube)
- Down Dog App
- Yoga With Adrienne (Youtube)
- Beachbody (a paid service.)