9 Easy Healthy Living Tips that will Transform Your Life Podcast Episode 23
It can often feel like healthy living is a huge mountain to climb! An unachievable task. As with all journeys, we need to make changes one small step at a time.
Please Welcome Dietician Tami Ross
Today I'm excited to welcome Dietician Tami Ross, author of "What Do I Eat Now?".
Cliff Notes from Today's Show
- Swap out sugar sweetened beverages for infused water. Try orange, lemon and mint or cucumber and lime. They sound delicious and I can’t wait to try them! (Dr Orlena’s other favourite is a drop of peppermint oil in a glass of iced water. It does wonders to lift your energy levels, particularly in the hot sticky months of the summer.)
- Focus on non starchy vegetables such as leafy greens, tomatoes, cucumber. Fill half your plate with colourful non starchy vegetables. Think of meat as a condiment rather than the “main deal”.
- Stick close to nature. Avoid refined foods.
- Eat a plant based diet.
- Eat healthy, plant based oils, such as olive oil and canola oil.
- If you’re eating grains, stick to whole grains such as spelt or steel cut oats, or pop corn. (These look like they’ve just been cut off the plant.)
- Physical activity. 150 minutes of moderate activity a week. Which is 20-30 minutes a day.
- A step tracker is a great way to raise awareness of how much movement you do a day.
- Think about portion sizes. Downsizing portions can really help you lose weight.
- There is increasing evidence that intermittent fasting not only helps you lose weight but has other health benefits. It’s important to find what works for you.
Connect with Tami Ross
Read her book "What Do I Eat Now". Available on amazon.
Connect on LI: Tami Ross on LI
Connect on Twitter: Tami Ross on Twitter